This application process for analyzing image frames from the camera is as follows:
- A frame is taken from the camera stream memory and placed into a data structure in the Random Access Memory (RAM) allocated by the browser. This kind of memory is volatile, that is, it does not remain after the vision.
- A set of computer vision and AI algorithms will process and transform the frame data into numbers representing anonymous traits such as apparent motion, emotions, age and gender. The algorithms can evaluate other similar attributes like for example wearing glasses or have a beard.
- This set of data is then aggregated and used for taking decisions about content, layout and effects for the benefit of the viewer as for aggregate data for marketing purpose.
- Immediately, a new frame is taken from the camera overwriting the previous frame in the RAM memory allocated.
- At the end of the entire process, no one frame remains in the RAM. Equally, no frame data remains when the app or browser tab are closed.
The average permanence time that the camera frame is in the volatile memory (RAM), is less than 300 milliseconds.Any risks are those that derive from the persistent threats within the device’s technological chain (smartphone-camera) and are independent of the App software. This App does everything possible to mitigate risk with minimal amount of processing of personal data, which is near instantaneously deleted.