What is MorphCast VPaaS?
MorphCast VPaaS is a video platform that provides a multimedia format capable of adapting to viewers in real time, especially with their facial expressions. Provides the “MorphCast Studio” interactive video assembly tool, for Mac and Windows, downloadable from Apple and Microsoft stores. It is cloud based and implements a collaborative environment. The platform serves MorphCast JS / HTML5 Media Player, the web media player that mounts interactive videos in real time in the viewer’s browser or in the app.
MorphCast JS / HTML5 Media Player, when needed, uses MorphCast AI HTML5 SDK as an artificial intelligence engine capable of analyzing the viewer’s face and detecting traits and attributes that can guide multimedia playback in terms of content, effects and layout.
How is MorphCast VPaaS different from alternatives?
MorphCast VPaaS is the platform that offers the most flexible, easy and fast solution for creating and delivering interactive videos. In addition to the traditional interaction options offered by similar solutions (such as hotspots, overlays, menus, branching narratives, etc.), MorphCast VPaaS offers the opportunity to create interactions driven by Artificial Intelligence based on the viewer’s facial expressions while watching the video; this is what we call emotional AI interactive video.
How can I get MorphCast Studio?
How can I learn how to use MorphCast Studio?
Once you start the program, you can register on the platform for free and you’ll have access to some video tutorials.
How does interaction work?
It’s very easy: add a trigger in the timeline of a scene, set a rule activating the trigger and the name of the event that will be fired once the trigger sparks; connect an action of any element of the project to the event just named and you will get the whole interaction.
What rules can make triggers spark?
The trigger rules in MorphCast Studio are listed in the drop-down menu on the trigger element. They grow steadily with each release and would already be too many to list here. The areas of interaction can be summarized in:
- Interactions with the mouse or fingers (click, over, exit, tap, hold, etc.)
- Date, Day, Month, Time
- Device OS used to view the interactive video (Apple, Android….)
- Browsers used to view the interactive video (Safari, Chrome, Edge…)
- Social used to view the interactive video (Facebook App, Whatsapp, Twitter…)
Facial analysis rules
- Presence of faces from 0 to 6
- Head pose on the tree axes: pitch, roll, yaw
- Age, Gender, more than 30 face features like: colour and type of hair, earrings, eyeglasses, heavy Makeup, lipstick, mustache and so on
- Emotions (scientific accuracy comparison)
- Arousal and Valence (circumplex model of affect, scientific paper reference)
Does the MorphCast interactive video require the camera to be opened by the viewer?
Only if the project includes a rule that provides for facial analysis, MorphCast interactive video requires the use of the camera, otherwise it does not even download the artificial intelligence for facial analysis.
In case the project requires users to open the camera, what about privacy?
Privacy is guaranteed by the fact that MorphCast accesses personal data (face image) only if granted by the user; only for the time strictly necessary to process the features (about 100 milliseconds), only when the application is active and only for the stated purposes. Such images are never transmitted, stored or shared with others. For more background on this, we strongly recommend to read the documentation at https://www.morphcast.com/gdpr/.
OK for the regulation of privacy but do people really open the camera?
Based on our metrics and customer feedback, camera open rates range from 63% to 88%, depending on context and creativity.
What media formats does Morphcast Studio accept?
All formats supported by browsers such as mp3, mp4 H264, gif, jpg, png, svg etc.
In what format does MorphCast Studio make the video interactive?
Since MorphCast VPaaS is a video streaming platform, the output is provided in the form of a URL, like any common video platform and uses the patented interactive MorphCast JS / HTML5 Media Player.
Is it possible to share or embed a video created with MorphCast Studio in a web page?
Yes, it is possible and it is supported by all new generation browsers. By clicking on the share button in MorphCast Studio, you will find the code to embed and also the direct sharing on the most common social networks and messaging services.
How much does MorphCast VPaaS cost?
MorphCast VPaaS is free for personal use and testing. For commercial use you need a license; The price is based on pay per time of view. To have an idea of the price per minute of view, please try our price simulator based on your expected yearly volumes.
Contact us at email@example.com for special prices based on campaign, business or educational contexts.
How do I get a license key?
MorphCast VPaaS licenses can be easily obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org; we are happy to issue research, pro bono, trial and of course commercial licenses.
What kind of things can MorphCast VPaaS used for?
Our clients are discovering that you can use MorphCast VPaaS for creating any kind of modern, engaging video communication. In particular, MorphCast VPaaS:
- Empowers you to drive and increase customer engagement in real time by creating personalized, interactive videos led by user’s facial expressions.
- Allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of your digital contents and videos, by measuring the level of attention, arousal and emotional response of your viewers, and use these data to better customize future communication.
- Allows you to deliver the right content to the right person, through analysis of their likely demographics data and unique features.
Which sectors / industries can find benefits in using MorphCast VPaaS?
MorphCast VPaaS is proving useful in many different industries and allows you to engage your customers with relevant and personalized digital experiences, based on facial expressions and audience reactions.
MorphCast VPaaS can offer benefits to:
- Digital ADV, to effectively capture attention through personalized and interactive videos, increase the emotional engagement of customers and select real people from BOTS
- Digital learning, to personalize the learning path by monitoring students’ attendance, mood and attention, simplify and personalize the learning process
- Entertainment, to create interactive videos, films and video clips
- Retail and OOH applications, to personalize in-store video communication in real time and automatically collect in-depth customer data
- e-Commerce, to personalize video communication in real time and automatically collect in-depth data from new / unregistered users
- There are many other industries that can use MorphCast VPaaS to customize and simplify the user experience.