Version of June 1, 2023
This code of ethics was adopted by MorphCast on January 17, 2023, increasing the company’s commitment that had embraced ethical and sustainability principles since its inception. On 1 June 2023 it was integrated with regard to the proposal of the European Parliament voted on 11 May 2023.
As a provider of Emotional AI, also referring to our customers:
- Impartiality: We pledge to provide Artificial Intelligence systems that are impartial, not discriminating based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other protected characteristic.
- Transparency: We pledge to provide transparency in our methods and the results of our Artificial Intelligence systems, so that our clients can understand how these systems make decisions.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for the effects of our Artificial Intelligence systems on society and are committed to also work with our customers to mitigate any negative impact and ensure robust protection of fundamental rights, health and safety and the environment, of democracy and the rule of law.
- Data protection: We pledge to protect user data and treat it legally and ethically, in accordance with privacy and data protection laws.
- Sustainable development: We pledge to develop sustainable Artificial Intelligence systems that do not consume resources excessively and do not cause environmental damage. We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and doing our part to combat climate change. We understand the importance of taking action to address this global issue and are dedicated to implementing sustainable practices throughout our operations and product development.
- Social responsibility: We pledge to work for the common good and support inclusion and diversity in the development of our Artificial Intelligence systems.
- Continuous improvement: We pledge to continue to learn and constantly improve our methods and Artificial Intelligence systems.
- Compliance with regulations: We pledge to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the provision of our Artificial Intelligence systems.
- Respect for human rights: We pledge to respect human rights in all phases of the provision of our Artificial Intelligence systems.
- Ethical Governance: We pledge to promote a culture of ethical governance in the provision of our Artificial Intelligence systems, to ensure that they are used responsibly and that they comply with the Guidelines and Policies for responsible use of Emotion AI.
As a company:
Firstly, the commitment to the protection of human dignity is highlighted, with a prohibition of discrimination, harassment, and personal or sexual offenses. The company commits to creating a work environment where there is no room for discriminatory behavior based on personal characteristics not related to work such as age, gender, sexual orientation, race, language, nationality, political and union opinions, religious beliefs.
Secondly, the company promotes the creation of a work environment where all employees have equal opportunities for success and remuneration, regardless of gender, thus contributing to the promotion of gender equality within the organization and in society at large. Additionally, the company is committed to fostering a safe, healthy, and respectful work environment by preventing all forms of discrimination, respecting individuals, and promoting principles of merit and equal opportunities.
Thirdly, the company commits to protecting personal data and confidential information collected in the course of its activities, acting in accordance with current laws and best practices in the field of confidentiality and privacy. The company recognizes the right to the protection of personal data as a fundamental right even with radical initiatives such as to transform our sites into tracking-cookie-free domains.
Fourthly, the company commits to reducing the environmental impact of its activities and to promoting greater awareness of the environment. Acting on climate change, we have launched a program to reduce and compensate the carbon emissions from the company and products. Check out our Carbon Footprint program for more info.
Fifthly, the company undertakes to conduct its business in an ethical manner, with principles of loyalty, correctness, integrity and transparency and to ensure that employees and collaborators do not pursue personal interests in conflict with those of the company and that they do not use business opportunities intended for the company for its own benefit or that of third parties.