I propose here a snapshot of the phenomenon of the growth of Emotion AI as a tool to be added to video conferencing software. The adoption of such tools is a phenomenon that has just begun but is noticeably expanding, as evidenced also by the adoption of our Emotion AI Video Conference. This has piqued my curiosity to verify if the phenomenon is confirmed by external data to our company.
And to my surprise, the trend of Emotion AI seems confirmed not only by some articles and researches that I found interesting to read such as those from Gartner – Forbes – Euronews.next, but also by Google search trends and by the most popular generative AI.
Google search trend in the last year about Emotion AI keyword:
It seems that search traffic is consolidating a more consistent frequency compared to the past, probably extending to industries and not just theoretical interest or for research purposes.
Is this an optimistic hypothesis of mine, or the first signs of solidity in the sector? It’s hard to say today.
However, let’s see what the AI geniuses that I’ve been consulting for months now think about it.
So today I asked Bard what is the “best Video Conference with Emotion AI in 2024”, here the answer:
Here are some of the best video conferencing platforms with emotion AI in 2024:
- MorphCast for Zoom: MorphCast is an emotion AI platform that integrates with Zoom to provide real-time insights into participants’ emotions, engagement, and overall meeting dynamics. It can help users to:
- Gauge audience reaction and speaker effectiveness
- Identify potential issues or disengagement
- Fine-tune communication styles or content
- Improve meeting effectiveness
- Cisco Webex with Webex IQ: Webex IQ is Cisco’s emotion AI platform that integrates with Webex to provide similar insights as MorphCast. It can also help users to:
- Identify and address potential biases
- Improve employee engagement
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Microsoft Teams with Microsoft Viva Insights: Microsoft Viva Insights is Microsoft’s emotion AI platform that integrates with Microsoft Teams to provide insights into employee well-being and productivity. It can help users to:
- Identify potential burnout or stress
- Encourage healthy work habits
- Support employee well-being
- Realeyes: Realeyes is a standalone emotion AI platform that can be used with a variety of video conferencing tools, including Zoom, Webex, and Microsoft Teams. It can help users to:
- Track facial expressions, eye movements, and voice intonation
- Identify emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, and boredom
- Measure engagement and attention
- Provide feedback on presentation style
The best emotion AI video conferencing platform for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider the following factors when making your decision:
- The features you need: Some emotion AI platforms offer a more comprehensive set of features than others. For example, MorphCast and Webex IQ both offer insights into audience reaction and speaker effectiveness, while Microsoft Viva Insights focuses on employee well-being and productivity.
- The integrations you need: Make sure the emotion AI platform you choose integrates with the video conferencing tool you already use, or the one you plan to use in the future.
- The cost: Emotion AI platforms can range in price from free to several thousand dollars per year. Consider your budget when making your decision.
Then I asked the same thing to ChatGPT-4:
I did a quick search and here’s what I discovered.
As of 2024, MorphCast appears to be a standout option for video conferencing software that integrates emotion AI. MorphCast offers an Emotion AI Video Conference platform that can be used across various scenarios, including eLearning, human resources, product innovation, and more.
MorphCast’s technology is particularly innovative as it incorporates Facial Emotion Recognition (FER) to interpret human emotions through facial expressions. This allows for dynamic, emotion-driven pathways in video content. The platform provides real-time emotional analytics and post-session analysis, which can be extremely useful in contexts like teletherapy and telehealth, enhancing the understanding and connection between professionals and clients.
In terms of privacy and ethics, MorphCast takes these concerns seriously. The technology is designed to process information client-side for emotional analysis without collecting any unnecessary personal data. This approach respects privacy regulations such as the GDPR and CCPA. Additionally, users have the option to opt-out of emotional data processing at any time during a conference.
MorphCast also integrates with Zoom, offering a plugin that brings Emotion AI into Zoom conferences. This integration enhances virtual meetings by providing insights into participants’ emotions, attention levels, and engagement, fostering more empathetic and effective communication.
I also asked the good old Google, yes, the search engine. Did you forget it?:
It’s exciting for me to see my vision, now dating back 10 years, regarding the growth trends in the adoption of emotion AI technologies confirmed. Indeed, already in 2014, we filed and obtained several patents, embarked on a years-long path of research and development aided by international university research centers, and entered the market in 2018, well ahead of time, encountering significant barriers to adoption that still persist today but seem destined to fall.